A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Friday, October 21, 2005

Miles of ripples


I finished my ripply scarf last night!! I used Bollice Etoile (a yarn of the month) and I strung about 600 little beads on the yarn so the cast off edge would have a bit of sparkle and I LOVE how it looks...now I want to string beads on to everything. I think the scarf turned out a smidge long (can you see that it's also wrapped around my neck and still almost touches the floor) but I really like it! Very whimsical, and how can anything whimsical be bad :P

3 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! That is really long! Very femminine :) I found a free pattern for the same spiral scarf on Lion Brand - but the gauge is much thicker. I like how yours is so delicate.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Pamelamama said...

adorable!!

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow - that's gorgeous!
i've been meaning to try stringing beads on a little bag pattern - maybe soon.

ps - i'm in renton now! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home