A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Friday, April 15, 2005


The library is so great. Just arrived for me were these books. The CD Rom is for toe up socks... I get to learn how to avoid kitchner stitch!!! I watched the video right away and it looks pretty OK, until they started knitting wrapped stitches-I don't know about that!! I guess I will just see how my next pair goes. He's Just Not That Into You (which was a 6 month wait)...I am learning the secert language of men which apparently is 'if they aren't great to you, or don't call, or don't meet your friends, or are too busy, or whatever other decent thing, then they aren't into you'. Duh!! Why couldn't I figure that out?! :) A fun read so far!! The Twisted Sister Book had great inspiration for dyeing your own fibers and spinning your own yarn. I put the book down immediately and stepped away- I just don't have the strength to resist :P

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Poor guys - why do they have to be so transparent and sterotypical. Life is funny huh...

I need to try that toe up sock pattern sometime soon!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Laura A said...

I'd never intentionally avoid Kitchener stitch! It really is a lot of fun, but more than that, it's immensely satisfying when accurately executed.

That's the part of those cute dolls I knit that kills me. You kitchener the top of the head, then cover it with loads of hair! I HATE covering up a good kitchener.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home