A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Monday, March 14, 2005

What a healthy weekend

I think this weekend was the healthiest weekend I have every had. First the night hike at Rattlesnake Lake, then I went to my first vegetarian restaraunt, then went to Veg-Fest at Seattle Center.
The Teapot is a new vegetarian restaraunt on 24th and 152nd in Bellevue/Redmond. Though the appetizers looked like fried shower drains (they were asian fries and pretty dang good) and the tofu in my dinner took a bit of getting used to, I would recommend The Teapot because they had soooooo much to choose from, their desserts looked delicious, and they had a live music.
The Veg-Fest was pretty interesting. I set aside my fear of tofu for the day and tried lots of samples of some of the funkiest looking stuff. The most interesting were the dried gluten flakes that I think were supposed to taste like beef-they tasted more like a mushroom. The grossest was a tofu sausage dog!!! The best was a meat-free chicken nugget. If I hadn't know before hand that it was meatless, I never would have known the difference.
All in all I am pretty impressed I spent the weekend being so healthy and it wasn't as challenging as I thought it would be :)

3 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Almond Tea said...

Ugh. No tofurky for me. As I always say, "we honor them by eating them"

...pass the pork chops.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Is your boyfriend a veggitarian? Bamboo Garden in Seattle (near Seattle Center) is an interesting veggie restaurant - it is all chinese food - but all menu is fake meat.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger mandy said...

Cafe Flora on Madison is super good too. All veggie but you don't miss the meat at all. They've got an amazing portabella wellington.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home