A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Friday, March 11, 2005

Out of the Stone Age

As the website gets closer to being posted, I knew it was time to get ready to maintain the website at home. This meant I had to get take a leap out of the stone age and into the new milenium- that's right, I needed a phone line at home and a new computer that could actually have DSL hooked up to it.
So I got a new computer that does all the super snazzy stuff at super high speeds, with ports, plug-ins, burners and connector do-hickeys right on the front of the computer. I even splurged and got a flat screen monitor. WooHoo! Then I splurged a little more and got a nifty cabinet where it all hides away neatly when I am not using it.
Then for the really exciting stuff...getting ready for DSL. The phone line has been turned on and I can't begin to express how great it was to hear an actual dial tone on a real phone!!! It has been years since I had a home phone line!!! Aaaahh the simple pleasures in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home